Well hi.

For whatever reason, I've recently decided to upload scans of band gig posters from my early days in Sydney, when I used to regularly go out and see at least two or three bands a week. I'm talking 1979 - 1990 ish here. At that time, Sydney had a healthy, thriving pub band culture which f
ostered the careers of many of the top Aussie export bands of the last couple of decades. The Angels, The Radiators, Midnight Oil, INXS, (Le) Hoodoo Gurus, The Church, etc etc etc. Anyway, being a lifelong collector of strange and irrelevant things, I find myself with scraps of paper, flyers, set lists, coasters and more from many of the gigs I attended, so at least I have something to remember them by. Most of that era is a total blur in my memory, but I just know that I had a really good time, and my tinnitus and foggy brain was worth it all.

Now, I'm not claiming to be any kind of expert or authority on any of these bands, or the era in general, I'm just sharing what I remember, and a few bits and pieces that may bring back memories for some. Feel free to add your own recollections, tell me if I'm wrong, share stories of gigs you went to.

You can click on them and they get bigger.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Paddo Town Hall


Cool gig. Interesting mix of bands. Spy v Spy headlining. What did happen to those guys? Paddo Town Hall was a really good venue. Probably still is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played in the Introverts this night..later that night we played the Dark komah, er Kardomah and had our gear ripped off.

Liana Kabel said...

Spy vs Spy & The Hoodoo Gurus were the first pub bands I saw. I was 14and it was at the Blue Gum Hotel Waitara. I was hooked after that.

I remember going to an Elvis night at the Paddo Town Hall. I’m pretty sure Ratcat & Box the Jesuit played.

I’ve been reminiscing about this time a lot lately. Perhaps that has something to do with turning 40next year!

Mark said...

Yes, well unfortunately that milestone has long passed for me...but there's nothing wrong with a bit of reminiscing.

Syed Owais Mukhtar said...

This poster is from which date of 80's ?

Unknown said...

Im nearly 50 and totally miss the 80s nightspots. God, what am i doing with my time now