Well hi.

For whatever reason, I've recently decided to upload scans of band gig posters from my early days in Sydney, when I used to regularly go out and see at least two or three bands a week. I'm talking 1979 - 1990 ish here. At that time, Sydney had a healthy, thriving pub band culture which f
ostered the careers of many of the top Aussie export bands of the last couple of decades. The Angels, The Radiators, Midnight Oil, INXS, (Le) Hoodoo Gurus, The Church, etc etc etc. Anyway, being a lifelong collector of strange and irrelevant things, I find myself with scraps of paper, flyers, set lists, coasters and more from many of the gigs I attended, so at least I have something to remember them by. Most of that era is a total blur in my memory, but I just know that I had a really good time, and my tinnitus and foggy brain was worth it all.

Now, I'm not claiming to be any kind of expert or authority on any of these bands, or the era in general, I'm just sharing what I remember, and a few bits and pieces that may bring back memories for some. Feel free to add your own recollections, tell me if I'm wrong, share stories of gigs you went to.

You can click on them and they get bigger.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Angels & Rose Tattoo


I know I was there. It would have been very loud and testosteroney. I would have been way too close to the huge W bins. My ears hurt just thinking about it. I'm glad I can't remember. Stop it. Turn it down.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Saw these bands a few times on this tour. Rose Tattoo at Newcastle Workers on that tour were blazing and untouchable.

Anonymous said...

I'm also a wild child from the 80s and love your posters just looking through them took me back also.

My aunt owned the Tivoli night club but I was under age then but still managed to see the under 18's concerts which were Radiators, Hoodoos and Divinyls. Oh they were the times. I went to see last year Rose Tattoo with the Angels at Selinas. Still got it.

Anonymous said...

Paul here!

The Poster Mark has up here is from (and for) the "Watch The Red" Tour.. WTR came out May '83 so they were obvouisly on the road pretty quickly after release supporting it.

I remember catching the Watch the Red Tour (Selinas Coogee Bay)

This Hordern show on the Poster might been the end of the WTRed tour too- 2MMM (as it was called then - anyone remember "uncle Doug"??) may have had something to do with this.... I seem to remember 2MMM doing a lot of Concert promo involving the Hordern..

All I can say about this particular show is this would have been a loud night....I've always said ROSE TATTOO was Australia's THE WHO - bloody loud at any show!!

If you like you can email me at dragonpaul64@yahoo.com

Triviaquestions said...

very amazing and unique posters. love that. thank you from music 80's